French Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream (Dairy-Free)
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- In a saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk, vanilla bean and its seeds, maple syrup, and egg yolks. Heat the mixture over medium heat stirring constantly until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 8-10 minutes. Make sure it doesn’t boil.
- Transfer ice cream mixture to a bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Place the plastic wrap directly on the liquid, so there is no condensation. Place in the refrigerator and chill until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Remove the vanilla pod, then mix in the teaspoon of vanilla extract. Using your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions, process the chilled ice cream mixture. (I use the Kitchen Aid stand mixer attachment)
- Turn the ice cream into an air tight container. Place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream so freezer burn doesn’t occur. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours.
- To serve, leave out on the counter for 30 minutes until it soft enough to scoop.
gluten free, dairy free, against all grain, grain free, food allergy friendly, paleo diet, clean eating, healthy recipes, ice cream, coconut, french vanilla, tropical
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!