Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Creamy Dressing
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup crumbled Humboldt Fog goat cheese (optional, omit for Whole30)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Rub the skins of the potatoes all over with melted ghee and pat them with sea salt. Prick them with a fork a few times and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Make the filling: Bring the chicken breasts, cayenne pepper hot sauce, ghee, sea salt, cayenne pepper, and white vinegar to a simmer in a pot. Cover and simmer on low for 25 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by placing all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisking to combine until the big crumbles of cheese are broken up.
- Shred the chicken breasts with a fork and add the celery and carrots to the pot with the excess sauce. Put the shredded chicken back in the pot and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Cut slits in the tops of the cooked sweet potatoes and open them up a bit with a fork.
- Spoon the filling into the cooked sweet potatoes, top with the Creamy Dressing and serve.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Rub the skins of the potatoes all over with melted ghee and pat them with sea salt. Prick them with a fork a few times and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake until tender, about 40 minutes. Once cooked, cut slits in the tops of the cooked sweet potatoes and open them up a bit with a fork.
- Place chicken, ghee, hot sauce, garlic and cayenne, white wine vinegar in Instant Pot and give it a quick stir. Set to manual pressure for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep your carrots and celery and make dressing.
- Once timer goes off on Instant Pot, release the pressure and remove chicken and give it a quick chop. Place chicken back in pot and add the vegetables. Set to manual high pressure for 1 minute.
- Once pressure releases, spoon the filling into cooked sweet potatoes and option to top with creamy dressing and serve!
egg free, gluten free, nut free, paleo, snacks, dinner, whole30, primal, sweet potato, creamy dressing, healthy, comfort foods
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!