Watermelon Salad with Arugula, Goat Cheese, and Candied Walnuts
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 6 pieces of watermelon, cut to 1 inch thickness
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup Spiced Candied Walnuts, roughly chopped
- Using a large biscuit cutter, or just great circle cutting knife skills!, cut the watermelon slices into round circles. Use a knife to trim off any parts that make the circle uneven so it sits flat on a plate.
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the mint, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the watermelon circles on a plate, then top each with a small handful of the arugula mixture (roughly 1/3 cup each).
- Sprinkle each salad with goat cheese and the chopped walnuts, then drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the tops. Enjoy!
* If you’re serving to a larger crowd, or don’t want to take the time to cut the watermelon into rounds, you can use a melon baller to create cute balls or just simply cut the watermelon into chunks and pile it all into a salad bowl. I also doubled the amount of arugula and dressing so it would provide a little heartier portions.
gluten free, salad, scd, summer, goat cheese
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!