Paleo Pad See Ew
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons oil (I prefer olive oil for the taste with this dish, but coconut will work too)
- 3 cups broccoli rabe florets and leaves (or chinese broccoli)
- 10 carrots, peeled
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos (the verdict is still out on whether this is SCD legal, so use with caution if you’re SCD)
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut sugar (sub honey for SCD or omit for Whole30)
- 2 eggs
- Lay your peeled carrots flat on a cutting board and use a Y-peeler to create very thin but wide ribbons. A regular vegetable peeler will work too, a Y-peeler is just easier to use when the carrot is flat. You basically just continue peeling the carrot after you’ve removed the outer dirty skin.
- Slice the chicken very thinly on a diagonal. Warm the oil in a deep saute pan or wok over medium heat, then add the garlic and chicken and saute for 5 minutes until the chicken is white on the outside.
- Add the broccoli, coconut aminos, and coconut sugar, and continue cooking for 5 minutes until the broccoli has softened a bit. Add the carrot ribbons and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Push the stir-fry aside in the pan, then crack the 2 eggs into the pan and stir vigorously to scramble them. Let them cook for a minute or so until they have firmed up, then mix everything back together.
Serve with Tom Kha Gai, Thai Yellow Curry with Prawns, and an ice cold Thai Iced Tea. Enjoy!
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!