Thai Yellow Curry with Prawns
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and cut in half
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoons turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground Thai Chiles, or cayenne will work
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (I use Red Boat)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, or 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (omit for whole30 or sugar-free)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (this one is SCD legal)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (also called coconut cream or coconut manna)
- 2 cups vegetables of your choice (I used broccoli, zucchini, and carrots)
- 1 pound uncooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- Place the shallot, garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, nutmeg, turmeric, fennel, ground chiles and fish sauce in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped and a paste has formed.
- Scrape the paste into a sauce pan. Add kaffir leaves, palm sugar, coconut milk, tomato paste, and coconut butter. Whisk the sauce together and heat over medium-high heat until it has reached a low boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then add vegetables and prawns. Cook for 10-12 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and slightly softened and the prawns have turned pink and are firm to the touch.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5-7 minutes. The sauce will thicken a bit as it cools. Enjoy!
dairy free, egg free, gluten free, keto friendly, main dish, nut free, paleo, scd, Thai
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!