Tangled Thai Salad
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 medium beet (preferably a golden beet, peeled
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 medium jicama, peeled
- 1 ½ cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ¼ cup chopped Spicy Almonds (see note below)
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 lime
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients except the olive oil in a small blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Whisk in the dressing by hand. refrigerator until ready to use.
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer, or spiralizer, slice the cucumber into vegetable noodles and discard the seeds. Alternatively, use a julienne slicer to make long strips. Place the noodles in a large bowl and continue with the remaining vegetables.
- Top the salad with chicken, chopped almonds, and salt and pepper. Drizzle half of the dressing overtop and toss to coat. Divide between 4 bowls and serve with fresh basil and a lime wedge.
Cook’s note: Follow this recipe to make the Spicy Almonds, or use your favorite store-bought brand (plain almonds would work well too).
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!