This dairy free cashew sour cream is a simple dairy alternative for sour cream when you are just really wanting something creamy and slightly sour on your Mexican food or in dips. I love to drop a dollop in my Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup or Plantain Chip Nachos, or drizzle it over my Chicken Enchiladas and upcoming Stuffed Enchilada Sweet Potatoes.
Dairy Free Cashew Sour Cream
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
SERVES: ¾ cup
Category: Sauces and Condiments
PREP TIME: 5 minsTOTAL TIME: 5 mins
- ½ cup whole raw cashews
- ⅓ cup water
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional, gives it a cheese-dairy type flavor)
- Put the cashews in bowl and fill it with enough water to cover them. Soak for 2 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add them to a blender. Add the fresh ⅓ cup water, lime juice, vinegar, salt, nutritional yeast.
- Blend until very smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving, or up to 3 days.
Keywords: dairy free, keto friendly, paleo, vegan, whole30, cinco de mayo, Mexican, condiments
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!