Instant Pot Creamy Mexican Chicken Soup
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, frozen or fresh
- 2 cups Roasted-Tomatillo Salsa
- 4 cups Chicken Bone Broth, frozen or fresh
- 3 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and sliced carrots
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- Garnish: chopped cilantro and diced avocado
- Place (frozen) bone broth in Instant Pot and hit the sauté button. This helps it come to pressure a little faster. Add the carrots, garlic, sweet potatoes, salsa, chicken and lime juice in pot.
- Secure the lid and put on soup/ broth option for 35 mins. For other machines, select High pressure for 35 minutes. Release the pressure and open the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, and using 2 forks, shred the meat.
- Scoop all but 1/2 cup of the veggies into a blender and blend on high speed until pureed, about 15 seconds and then incorporate back into the soup.
- Add the chicken and baby spinach back into the pot and stir to wilt the spinach.
- Serve hot with avocado and cilantro on top.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to share this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe on my blog. If you make significant changes to the recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!