Instantpot Sesame-Orange Chicken
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup honey
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Garnish: sesame seeds and chopped green onions
- Trim any visible fat from the chicken, then place it in the bowl of an electric pressure cooker. Place the remaining ingredients, except sesame seeds, and toss to coat the chicken. Secure the lid and turn the valve to sealing. Turn the machine to manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 2 tablespoons of water with 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder. Set aside.
- Quick release the pressure from the machine and carefully open the lid. Spoon any fat off the top of the sauce then turn the machine to sauté. Pour in the arrowroot slurry, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened. Use two forks to roughly shred the chicken in the pot. Serve hot, over cauliflower rice if desired.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and green onions.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to share this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe on my blog. If you make significant changes to the recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!