Chocolate Pudding Pie with Chocolate Cookie Crust
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
text in blue are product links for my favorite brands
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make the crust. Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor. Place the remaining ingredients in a saucepan set over low heat until melted. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients. Beat in a stand mixer or food processor until fully combined. Press the dough into a 9-inch pie pan, being sure to spread it evenly along the bottom and up the sides. Bake for 12 minutes, then let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over it.
- Place the coconut milk in a saucepan set over medium-high heat to warm. Place the egg yolks, maple syrup, and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Temper the eggs by adding half of the heated milk into the bowl, whisking continuously. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat for 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Do not let it boil or the yolks will curdle.
- Whisk in the gelatin, then continue to cook for 2 minutes, whisking vigorously until the gelatin has dissolved entirely. The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Pour the custard through a mesh sieve into a bowl. Add the chocolate pieces and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the custard into the cooled piecrust and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 6 hours, until firm.
- Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate shavings, if desired.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!