Toasted Marshmallow S’more Tart
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
6 to 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare pie dough as described here. Press the dough into one 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom, or split into individual sized tart pans. Fill the crust with pie weights or dried beans and bake it for 10 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Remove the pie weights and parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, warm the coconut milk, chocolate, cacao butter, maple syrup, coffee, vanilla seeds, and pod. Stir for 5-7 minutes until the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth ganache. Remove the vanilla pod. Pour the filling into the cooled crust, filling about ¾ full. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours, until firm.
For the Marshmallow:
- Bring 2 inches of water to a simmer in a saucepan. In a heatproof mixing bowl, combine the egg whites, honey, vanilla, and pinch of salt. Place the bowl over the simmering water, careful not to let it touch the water. Whisk the egg whites constantly for 3-5 minutes, until the mixture is just warm to the touch. Remove from the heat, and transfer the mixing bowl to a stand mixer. Immediately begin whipping on high. Alternatively, use an electric hand beater and beat the whites in the bowl that was used warm the mixture. Pour in the teaspoon of ice water. Keep beating on high until thick and glossy, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the fridge. Spoon the marshmallow topping on top of the chocolate filling. To decorate, use your fingers to pull up small peaks of the marshmallow all around the tart. Toast the marshmallow by placing the tart under the broiler for 30 seconds, just enough to brown the peaks of the marshmallow. Alternatively, use a kitchen torch to lightly toast the topping.
- Serve immediately.
*Tip – you can make the crust and filling a day beforehand and store in the fridge. The marshmallow meringue will start to deconstruct as it sits, so it is best to make this right before serving.
paleo, gluten free, american cuisine, summer, against all grain, marshmallow, s'more, grain free, danielle walker, tart, baking, confectionary, chocolate, clean eating, healthy recipes
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!