Seven Layer Bars
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- Make the caramel sauce. Bring the honey to a low boil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally to ensure even browning and a dark amber color. Remove from heat and carefully whisk in the palm shortening, coconut milk, and salt. Return to heat and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Make the crust. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the crust ingredients in a bowl and mix until a dough forms. Press the dough into an 8-by-8-inch ovenproof dish. Bake for 10 minutes. remove and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Make the ganache. Melt the chocolate slowly over a double broiler or in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water. stir in the milk and honey. spread the chocolate mixture over the crust.
- Drizzle cooled caramel sauce over the chocolate layer. sprinkle chopped walnuts over the chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the chocolate layer.
- Make the coconut cream. Place the coconut cream ingredients in a small bowl, whisk, and then drizzle over the walnuts.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut over the cream layer.
- Finish with a layer of chocolate chips.
- Place the bars in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then refrigerate for 1 hour to set. cut into 12 even bars.
gluten free, grain free, egg free, paleo, holiday, cookies, Christmas
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!