Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza (SCD and Paleo)
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
2 9in pizzas
- 1 lb chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 2 cup strained tomatoes, or tomato sauce
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2½ tablespoons garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup cashew cream (recipe to follow)
- 1 cup smoked gouda cheese, shredded (optional)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1½ cups whole raw cashews
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix the tomato sauce, onions, garlic, garam masala, ginger, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper and pour it into the insert of a slow cooker. Place the chicken on top of the sauce and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When the sauce has 30 minutes left to cook, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, grind the cashews until a fine flour has formed.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and curry powder, then process the mixture for 1 minute.
- Add the eggs, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and water and process for another minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and pulse a few more times until you have a very smooth dough. Let the dough rest for 2 minutes to let the coconut flour absorb some of the liquid.
- Sprinkle a piece of parchment paper with a little almond flour, then turn the dough out onto the counter. Sprinkle a little more flour on the top of the ball of dough, then place another piece of parchment on top.
- Use your hands to flatten the ball into a disc, then lightly roll out the dough into a circle that is ¼ inch thick.
- Carefully remove the top piece of parchment. You may have to gently tug from the corner to get the parchment to release as it is a sticky dough. Slide the other piece with the crust onto a pizza pan.
- Bake the crust for 12 minutes, or until it has puffed up slightly and is golden brown around the edges.
- While the crust is baking, remove the chicken from the sauce and give it a rough chop. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cashew cream. Return the chicken back to the sauce.
- Brush the crust with a little olive oil, then spoon the chicken and sauce onto the pre-baked pizza crusts, leaving a ½ border of crust. Sprinkle with cheese, then return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve hot.
To Make the Cashew Cream
- Soak 1 cup of raw cashews in 3 cups hot water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the cashews, but reserve the soaking water.
- Place the cashews in a blender with 3/4 cup of the soaking water and blend until smooth. It should be a similar thickness of a Greek yogurt. If it’s too thick, add a little water at a time to get your desired consistency.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!