SCD and Paleo Vanilla Granola
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon golden flax seeds (omit for SCD)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 cup honey, melted
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla
3/4 teaspoon sea salt (plus 1 teaspoon for soaking water)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1/2 cup raisins
- Soak all of the nuts in enough water to cover them and mix in 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover, and soak overnight, changing out the water one time. Soak the sunflower seeds in a separate bowl, following the same procedure as above.
- Drain the nuts and seeds and place on a paper towel to absorb the remaining water. Keep half of the sunflower seeds separate.
- Place all of the nuts and half of the sunflower seeds in the bowl of a food processor. Grind them until they resemble the size of oats.
- Add in the coconut oil, cinnamon, honey, vanilla, sea salt. Pulse until combined.
- Next, add last half of the sunflower seeds and the flax seeds and pulse once or twice, until they are roughly chopped and mixed into the nut mixture.
- Remove the blade, then mix in the shredded coconut with a spoon. Turn the mixture out onto 3 parchment covered dehydrator trays. Spread it evenly into a thin layer.
- Dehydrate on 120 degrees for 24 hours, turning twice. The granola may feel a little sticky and wet when you first remove it, but will crisp up after cooling.
- Stir in the raisins, then let cool completely before storing in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
Dehydrating is my preferred method for making this granola, but you could probably bake the granola in your oven at its lowest setting for 2-3 hours, or until completely dried and free of all moisture.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to share this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe on my blog. If you make significant changes to the recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!