So many of you have asked for a Paleo BBQ Sauce recipe that is strict Paleo without the use of added sweeteners, so I converted the barbecue sauce from my books Against all Grain (page 326) and Meals Made Simple (page 250) and experimented with using dates. The smell that fills the house when you’re cooking this will make you drool and just ache to have a barbecue!
We love to make a big batch and slather this on my Barbecue Burger or as a dip for Chicken Nuggets. Keep in mind you can sub this in for any other recipes I have that use a barbecue sauce, such as my Barbecue Beef Short Ribs (Meals Made Simple, page144) or my Barbecue Chicken Chopped Salad (Meals Made Simple, page 108).
Paleo BBQ Sauce
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
1. Soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes, then drain.
2. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 3 minutes until smooth.
3. Pour the sauce into a saucepan over medium-high heat and whisk to combine.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by about half.
5. Let the sauce come to room temperature before storing in the refrigerator for later use. The sauce may be stored for up to 1 week.
* Omit for SCD
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to share this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe on my blog. If you make significant changes to the recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!