Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
Sauces and Condiments
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup avocado oil, or macadamia nut
- Combine the egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and mustard in a small blender or mini food processor and blend on low until combined. With the blender on low, begin adding the oil 1 drop at a time. When the mixture begins to thicken, add the remaining oil in a slow, steady stream with the blender still running, until all of the oil has been incorporated. Refrigerate for 2 hours before use, or store in the refrigerator, tightly covered, for up to 5 days.
tidbits Macadamia nut oil is used for its slightly sweet and mild flavor, but other oils, such as olive, avocado, or almond, can be substituted.
A small blender or mini food processor is essential for this method. But mayonnaise can also be made by hand. Combine the egg yolk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and mustard in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add 1⁄4
cup of the oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon at a time, whisking vigorously. Gradually add the remaining 1⁄2 cup oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly, for 5 to 7 minutes until thick. Alternatively, many find that using an immersion blender in a tall, slender container works well.
dairy free, gluten free, keto friendly, nut free, paleo, sauces and condiments, scd, vegetarian, whole30
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!