Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 2½ tablespoons ghee, butter, or olive oil
- 16 mushrooms, crimini or white button
- ½ small yellow onion, minced
- 1 cup crabmeat, picked through for shells
- 2 tablespoons paleo-friendly mayonnaise (I used the recipe from my book)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons almond meal or finely ground flaxseed for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Gently hollow out some of the inside of the mushroom cap then set them aside.
- Finely chop the stems and set the mushroom caps aside. Alternatively, throw the stems and the onion into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped stems and onions and sauté until soft, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the crab, mayonnaise, lemon juice, spices, and salt in a bowl then mix in the sautéed vegetables.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a heaping tablespoon of the mixture. Sprinkle the tops with the almond meal.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with the remaining ghee. Place the stuffed caps in the dish and bake for 15-18 minutes, until the filling is hot and the mushrooms are tender and browned.
dairy free, gluten free, paleo, scd, snacks, appetizers, game day, super bowl, holiday appetizer
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!
Cara's Healthy Cravings
Anything stuffed into mushrooms is usually great and these look fabulous! Anyone would be very lucky to receive these at a Superbowl party. Mmmm!
Heather P @The Owl with the Goblet
These look delicious. I’m always looking for a good stuffed mushroom recipe.. especially with crab!
I just bought the ingredients for these. So excited!!!
Made these this morning and they turned out great. Thank you so much for the recipe!
I made these this morning and they turned out perfect. What a delicious treat to have during the day. Thank you for such an easy and great recipe!
I made these a few years ago for an appetizer for Easter dinner and they were delicious. Looking forward to making them again this year!
Can any part of this be prepared in advance/day before?
Sure! You can prep the crab mixture beforehand.