“Instant” Pumpkin Ice Cream
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 banana – peel removed (the riper the better)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons grade B maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Fill an ice cube tray evenly with the pumpkin puree, making about 7-8 cubes.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap to avoid freezer burn.
- Place the banana in a ziploc bag and place it and the ice cube tray in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the cubes from the tray and let them sit in a bowl on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Remove the banana from the bag and place it and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides if needed. If you have an older food processor or blender, you may need to wait a little longer to let the frozen items thaw a bit before it will be able to process for you.
*This makes a soft serve ice cream consistency. If you have the patience and want a hard ice cream, place it in a container with a cover and freeze it for a few hours.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!