Allergy Friendly Breakfast Cookies
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, puree the bananas, dates, applesauce, and shortening until it has the consistency of baby food, about 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda, lemon juice and pulse 5 or 6 times until combined.
- Add the dried fruit and shredded coconut and pulse twice. Don’t run it long enough to puree the dried fruit, just enough to incorporate it.
- Spoon golf-ball sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a Silpat.
- Flatten the balls a bit with your palm. These cookies don’t spread, so make them the shape and size you want prior to baking.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
*You can also press the dough into a greased pyrex dish and bake as bars for about 17 minutes.
* For those weighing your coconut flour, use 47g.
dairy free, egg free, gluten free, nut free, paleo, scd, vegan, breakfast
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!