Pico De Gallo and Avocado Crema Salsa
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
Sauces and Condiments
Dairy-Free Avocado Crema (makes about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups water
- 1 small avocado
- 1 jalapeno, seeded for a mild flavor
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Pico De Gallo (makes about 1 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, cut into chunks
- 1/4 medium red onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Crema
- Soak the raw cashews in boiling water for 30 minutes, or room temperature water for 6 hours.
- Drain the cashews, but reserve their soaking water. Blend the cashews with 1/4 cup of the water until you have a smooth and thick cream. Add a tablespoon more water at a time if it is too thick after blending.
- Puree 1 small avocado with 1/4 cup of the cashew cream, jalapeno, lime juice, cayenne pepper, and salt.
For the Pico
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times until everything is roughly chopped. Easy as that!
dairy free, egg free, gluten free, nut free, paleo, sauces and condiments, scd, vegan, whole30, Mexican, cinco de mayo
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!