Green Turkey Chili with White Beans
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 medium sized Anaheim chilies
- 2 Poblano peppers
- 1 qt chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound white navy beans, soaked overnight then drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cumin
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- Brown the ground turkey with the onion and garlic cloves over medium heat until it is cooked thru.
- Place the chilies under a broiler for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally until all of the sides are blackened.
- Remove from the oven and immediately place them in a heavy duty ziploc bag. Seal it and let them steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chilies, then carefully remove the skins. It should be very easy to detach the skin after steaming them.
- Remove the seeds and stems, then chop into small pieces.
- Place the turkey mixture, chilies, chicken broth, water, beans, and spices in a stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 2 hours until the beans are soft.
- Alternatively, you can put it all in a crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. This is actually my favorite method because I think the chili gets thicker, plus it’s just so much easier to forget about it for the day!
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!