Breakfast Pizza with Gruyere, Baked Eggs, and Bacon
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
For the Pizza
- ¼ cup Crème fraîche (scd legal), or Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 7 bacon slices, cooked until crisp
- 4 eggs
- fresh chives
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix the dough ingredients in a stand mixer until the a soft dough comes together in a ball. Press the dough into a tart pan, then bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Mix the Crème fraîche and Gruyère in a bowl and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Spread the cheese mixture in the bottom of the baked tart shell, then layer the bacon on top.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Bake the tart for 5-7 minutes to melt the cheese, then remove it and carefully crack the eggs on top.
- Return it to the oven and bake it for another 7-10 minutes, until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still soft. If you prefer more well-done yolks, leave the tart in the oven for 2-3 minutes more. The whites will look slightly underdone due to the oils from the cheese, but they will be set.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!