Roasted Butternut Squash with Maple Sage Brown Butter
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon grade A maple syrup (honey for SCD)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel, seed, and dice the butternut squash. You can follow my tutorial here.
- Toss the butternut squash in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread it evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Roast the squash, tossing occasionally, until tender and slightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Heat the butter and sage leaves over medium-high heat, swirling it around the pan every couple of minutes. Once the butter foams up and starts browning, remove from heat. You want it to be a light amber color, but not burned.
- Add the maple syrup and cinnamon, then pour the butter sauce over the squash. Adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
egg free, gluten free, holiday, nut free, paleo, quick and easy, scd, side dish, vegetarian, Thanksgiving, Christmas, fall
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!