Baked Squash Fries with Marinara Sauce
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 zucchini (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 yellow squash (cut into matchsticks)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with ¼ cup hot almond milk (or 2 eggs whisked)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet with ½ tablespoon EVOO.
- Mix salt, pepper, almond flour, and Parmesan in a shallow bowl.
- Put the flaxseed slurry in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip each squash stick in the slurry, then lightly shake off the excess. Transfer to the almond flour mixture bowl and turn until lightly coated.
- Place the squash fries on prepared cookie sheet, then drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the fries over and bake another 10 minutes. The fries should be golden brown.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!