Pear and Goat Cheese Salad with Balsamic Reduction
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 pears, cored and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 cups trimmed baby arugula
- 2 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Bring the vinegar to a slow boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes. The vinegar will start to resemble a syrup.
- Remove the pan from heat, and add the honey. Set aside while you assemble the salad.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, fry the prosciutto until crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Toss the arugula with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the pears, prosciutto, cheese, pine nuts, and balsamic reduction.
- Serve immediately.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!