Lamb Gyro with Tzatziki Sauce
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
For the meat:
- • 1.5 pounds boneless leg of lamb (trimmed and thinly sliced)
- • 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- • pinch of freshly ground black pepper
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- • 1/2 cup SCD yogurt(coconut yogurt for Paleo)
- • 1/4 cucumber (peeled, seeded, and grated or julienned)
- • 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- • 1 garlic clove (minced)
- • kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Toss together the lamb, oregano, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside and let marinate for 15 minutes while you make the sauce.
- For the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add half of the lamb and cook until liquid is absorbed and the meat has lost it’s red color, stirring constantly.
- Transfer cooked lamb to a plate, and repeat with the remaining oil and lamb.
- Serve the meat over a medley of freshly roasted peppers, tomatoes and asparagus. Spoon desired amount of sauce over the meat (I like extra!)
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!