Cinnamon Baked Stuffed Apples
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 4 medium Golden Delicious apples (Granny Smith or Braeburn will work too)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unfiltered apple juice or cider
- 4 tablespoons butter (cut into 4 squares)
- Core each apple, making sure to not puncture the bottom of the apple so the juices won’t escape.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel a 1/2 inch strip from the top of each apple.
- Combine raisins, pecans, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/4 cup of the apple juice.
- Fill each apple cavity with the mixture and then place in a casserole dish. Place 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each opening.
- Pour the remaining apple juice into the dish surrounding the apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the apples are tender. Baste with the juices every 15-20 minutes.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!