Crockpot Beef Pot Roast
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
8 hours in crockpot mins>
- 3 lb shoulder roast
- 1 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 5 Roma tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 Yellow Onion (halved)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 cup leeks (green and white parts)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 Celery Stalks (Chopped)
- 6 Carrots (cubed)
- 1 cup Cremini mushrooms
- 3 branches thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- Pat the beef dry with a paper towel.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the roast and sear for 4 to 5 minutes, until browned. Turn and sear the other side and then turn and sear the ends.
- Place the carrots, onions, celery, leeks, garlic, 1 tablespoon salt and pepper in a crock pot.
- Place roast on top of vegetables, then add the wine, tomatoes, and chicken stock.
- Tie the thyme and rosemary together with kitchen string and add to the pot.
- Turn the crock pot on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove the roast to a cutting board.
- Remove the herb bundle and discard.
- Skim off as much fat as possible from the sauce.
- Transfer half the sauce and vegetables to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour the puree back into the pot.
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Remove the strings from the roast, and slice the meat.
- Serve warm on a bed of sauteed spinach with garlic and with the sauce spooned over it.
crock pot, gluten free, main dish, paleo, scd, whole30, comfort food
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!