Thank you so much for purchasing a copy of my new cookbook, Eat What You Love!
If you are sensitive to eggs, I've provided an egg-free version of the pudding in the book below!
Egg-Free Pudding Base
Turn this egg-free pudding base into whatever flavor you’d like!
- 1½ cups cashew milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup light-colored raw honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the cashew milk in small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Allow it to bloom (or soak up the liquid) for 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the coconut milk. Add honey, arrowroot, and salt stirring until combined. Switch to a whisk and add the cashew milk with gelatin in a thin drizzle, whisking the whole time, so that no lumps form. Once all of the milk is added, you can switch back to a spoon. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently, until the mixture comes to a gentle simmer and the gelatin has dissolved completely. Off the heat, stir in the vanilla extract. Transfer pudding to a bowl and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on top. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours, until set.
- Use electric hand beaters or transfer pudding into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat for 1 minute on high, until smooth and fluffy.
Chocolate Pudding : Whisk 2 ounces chopped chocolate into the mix after removing the pudding from the heat.
Butterscotch Pudding: Heat 2 tablespoons ghee with 1/2 cup palm sugar + 1/4 cup maple sugar in the saucepan over medium heat until golden brown. Follow remaining steps, but omit the honey.