These remind me a little of corn bread, especially if you drizzle some honey on top. I originally made them to go with a roasted chicken and root vegetables, but ended up eating all of the leftovers for breakfast all week! I spread them with a little butter and homemade blueberry preserves.
Paleo Honey Biscuits (GF, DF, SCD, Paleo)
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
SERVES: 4 biscuits
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut flour, plus 1 tablespoon for dusting
- 1-3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Combine the flours, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the coconut oil, eggs, honey, and almond milk.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of coconut flour on a SilPat, or parchment paper. Divide the dough into 4 parts, then rub a little flour on your hands. Roll each part into a ball, then place on the SilPat.
- Sprinkle another teaspoon of flour on top of all the balls, then place another piece of parchment on top. Use your hand to flatten each ball of dough to about 1.5 inches thickness.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve warm with honey, butter, jam, or just on their own!
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!