Cobb Salad with Basil Vinaigrette
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
For the Chicken:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt and pepper
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
For the Salad:
- 2 cups baby romaine or spring mix
- 2 cups shredded romaine hearts
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 6 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Grill each breast over medium heat until the thickest part reaches 170 degrees with a meat thermometer. Slice and set aside to cool for 5 minutes so the lettuce doesn’t wilt.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients, except for the olive oil. In a constant, slow stream, begin to whisk in the oil until well incorporated.
- Combine the lettuces in a bowl.
- Slowly add the dressing over top, being careful not to overdress it (you may not use all that you made, just adjust to your tastes).
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and ground pepper over the top then toss to mix.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients and the sliced chicken.
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!