Paleo Chocolate Granola with Dried Berries
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
Breakfast & Brunch
15 + soaking time mins
dehydrate for 24 hours mins
- ½ cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon golden flax seeds (omit for SCD)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup honey, melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (plus 1 teaspoon for soaking water)
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks (Enjoy Life is allergy free, or use homemade to avoid refined sugar)
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries
- Soak all of the nuts in enough water to cover them and mix in 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover, and soak overnight, changing out the water one time. Soak the sunflower seeds in a separate bowl, following the same procedure as above.
- Drain the nuts and seeds and place on a paper towel to absorb the remaining water. Keep half of the sunflower seeds separate.
- Place all of the nuts and half of the sunflower seeds in the bowl of a food processor. Grind them until they resemble the size of oats.
- Melt the coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and cacao over medium heat until the cacao has dissolved.
- Add in the coconut oil mixture, cinnamon, and sea salt. Pulse until combined.
- Next, add the last half of the sunflower seeds and the flax seeds and pulse once or twice, until they are roughly chopped and mixed into the nut mixture.
- Remove the blade, then mix in the shredded coconut with a spoon. Turn the mixture out onto 3 parchment covered dehydrator trays. Spread it evenly into a thin layer.
- Dehydrate on 120 degrees for 24 hours, turning twice. The granola may feel a little sticky and wet when you first remove it, but will crisp up after cooling.
- Once cooled, stir in the chocolate and strawberries, and store in an airtight container for 2-3 weeks.
breakfast, dairy free, gluten free, paleo, snacks, vegan, granola, dehydrator
Hi there! The photos of this recipe and content above are copyright protected.
Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Please do not copy this recipe and share it on your own site. If you wish to tell people about this recipe, please provide a link back to the recipe here on my blog rather than copying the recipe. If you make significant changes to a recipe, you are welcome to rewrite it in your own unique words and provide a link back here for credit. Thank you!