Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Pumpkin Pudding (egg-free, dairy-free)
Posted By Danielle Walker On November 20, 2014 @ 6:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
* I used the Trader Joe’s Organic can, but you can try homemade as well
- Pour half of the coconut milk in small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over top. Allow it to bloom (or soak up the liquid) for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining coconut milk, pumpkin puree, honey, and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the gelatin and whisk until completely dissolved. Do not let it boil.
- Pour mixture into a large heatproof bowl, and press a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the liquid. This will prevent a gelatin ‘skin’ from forming on top.
- Place it in the refrigerator for 6 hours or until set. The pudding will be almost solid when chilled.
- Remove the plastic wrap and use hand beaters or a stand mixer to beat for 3 to 5 minutes on high, until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with gingersnap cookies or you can use it as a pie filling!
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2014/11/20/pumpkin-pudding-egg-free-dairy-free/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.