Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Guest Post: Spicy Shrimp and Butternut Squash “Rice” with Tomatoes
Posted By Danielle Walker On February 28, 2014 @ 7:26 am
Ali Maffucci – Inspiralized.com
- 10 medium shrimp, defrosted, deveined and peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, Blade C
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Place the butternut squash noodles into a food processor and pulse until made into rice-like bits. For an instructional video, click here.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil.
- Then, add in the garlic, red pepper flakes and onions.
- Cook for 1 minute and then add in the red peppers.
- Cook for 2 more minutes and then add in the can of tomatoes, butternut squash rice and season with salt, pepper, chili powder and smoked paprika.
- Let the rice cook until all of the juices from the tomatoes absorb.
- Then, add in the chicken broth, stir, and add in the shrimps. Let the shrimp cook for 2 minutes, flip over and let cook another 2 minutes. Give the rice a stir and taste.
- If the butternut squash has softened and reached a rice consistency, remove from heat. If not, stir and let cook for 3 more minutes.
- Once done, stir in the chopped parsley and serve!
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2014/02/28/spicy-shrimp-butternut-squash-rice-tomatoes/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.