Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Posted By Danielle Walker On February 18, 2014 @ 11:04 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- Make the caramel sauce. Bring the honey to a low boil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Simmer on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, swirling the pan occasionally to ensure even browning and a dark amber color. Remove from heat and carefully whisk in the palm shortening, coconut milk, and salt. Return to heat and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Make the crust. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the crust ingredients in a bowl and mix until a dough forms. Press the dough into an 8-by-8-inch ovenproof dish. Bake for 10 minutes. remove and cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Make the ganache. Melt the chocolate slowly over a double broiler or in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water. stir in the milk and honey. spread the chocolate mixture over the crust.
- Drizzle cooled caramel sauce over the chocolate layer. sprinkle chopped walnuts over the chocolate layer.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the chocolate layer.
- Make the coconut cream. Place the coconut cream ingredients in a small bowl, whisk, and then drizzle over the walnuts.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut over the cream layer.
- Finish with a layer of chocolate chips.
- Place the bars in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then refrigerate for 1 hour to set. cut into 12 even bars.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2014/02/18/seven-layer-bars/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.