Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Game-day Sweet & Sour Meatballs
Posted By Danielle Walker On January 23, 2014 @ 6:00 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 2 pounds ground beef, chicken, or pork
- 2 large eggs
- 2 small vidalia sweet onions, about 1 cup minced
- ¼ cup almond meal (with the skins) or 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1.5 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups tomato puree
- ¾ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the sauce first by combining all of the ingredients in a wide pot. Bring to a low boil then reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer uncovered for 45 minutes, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, make the meatballs.
- Place the onion in a food processor and pulse until finely minced.
- Add the egg, almond meal, beef, oil, ginger, and sea salt. Pulse until fully combined.
- Roll the mixture into small bite-sized meatballs.
- Space them evenly on two rimmed baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes, turning once.
- Once the sauce has thickened, transfer it and the meatballs to a slow cooker set to low. Cover until ready to enjoy.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2014/01/23/game-day-sweet-sour-meatballs/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.