Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Cranberry Chocolate Gingerbread Cake
Posted By Danielle Walker On December 14, 2013 @ 9:32 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9-inch cake pan with coconut oil or butter and fit a circular piece ofparchment paper at the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the cranberries and ½ cup of maple syrup in a small saucepan set over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, until the berries have popped. Mash them slightly with the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another small saucepan, melt the butter, remaining ¼ cup maple syrup, and ½ cup coconut crystals until the sugars are dissolved, about 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the 4 eggs, unsweetened almond butter or sunflower butter, coconut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, ginger, lemon zest and juice, vanilla extract, baking soda, cinnamon, sea salt and cardamom to a blender or food processor. Blend for 30 seconds on high until fully combined and smooth.
- Add the melted butter mixture and blend again for 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cooled cranberry compote and chocolate chunks all around the pan, then swirl with a knife until mostly incorporated.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers tightly wrapped in the refrigerator.
- Serve with additional cranberry compote and coconut milk whipped cream if desired. Note: You will need to make a double batch of the cranberry compote if you plan to serve it overtop.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/12/14/cranberry-chocolate-gingerbread/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.