Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Guest Post: Pecan French Toast
Posted By Danielle Walker On October 18, 2013 @ 10:00 pm
Jenny Castaneda - Paleo Foodie Kitchen
- 6 pcs sliced grain free bread, sliced ¾” thick
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ + ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp pecans, toasted
- ½ tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter, softened
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Prepare the topping by combining toasted pecans, ¼ tsp of ground cinnamon, coconut sugar and a few drops of coconut oil to make the cinnamon and sugar stick to the pecans. Set aside.
- Combine the egg, almond milk, vanilla, extract and ½ tsp of ground cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together until everything is well incorporated.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg milk mixture and make sure both sides are completely covered.
- On a cast iron pan over medium heat, add coconut oil and add the soaked slices of bread and fry each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot topped with the cinnamon pecan topping, butter and honey.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/10/18/gluten-free-french-toast/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.