Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Grain-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Posted By Danielle Walker On October 12, 2013 @ 11:59 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
*omit for SCD
**may use chocolate chips, cranberries, or currants
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the shortening and egg in the bowl of a stand mixer and cream for 1 minute on high. Alternatively, use an electric hand mixer.
- Add the honey and vanilla and mix for another minute, until creamy.
- Place the cinnamon, nutmeg, flours, baking soda, salt, and flax seeds in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix for another minute, until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then mix again for 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut and raisins, then mix again for a minute.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, drop balls of dough the size of a golf ball onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place another piece of parchment paper over the balls, then use a spatula to gently press the balls down into circles about ¼ inch thick and 2 inchs in diameter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 9 to 10 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack completely before eating. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for later use.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/10/12/grain-free-oatmeal-raisin-cookies/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.