Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Caramel Apple Spice Waffles
Posted By Danielle Walker On September 16, 2013 @ 5:30 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
Caramelized Apple Syrup
- 3 tablespoon unsalted grassfed butter, ghee, or palm shortening
- ¼ cup honey, preferably light in color
- 1 lb baking apples – peeled, cored, and diced
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- Combine the eggs, macadamia nuts, pecans, milk, honey, and melted coconut oil in a blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy. If needed, stop the blender and push the mixture down the sides with a spatula to ensure a smooth blend.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and coconut flour, and blend again for about 30 seconds until fully incorporated.
- If the waffle iron requires oil, spread a little coconut oil on both sides.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron so it just covers the bottom portion of the iron, being careful not to overfill as these do rise quite a bit and will spill over.
- Cook the waffles until the waffle iron has stopped steaming, about 45 seconds. Each waffle iron may differ in cook times.
- Repeat until the batter has been used up.
- Serve hot with caramelized apple syrup.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once it has melted, whisk in the honey and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add apples and sauté for 10 minutes, or until the apples are browned and tender.
- Stir in coconut milk and sea salt and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave at room temperature for 10-15 to allow the syrup to thicken.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/09/16/caramel-apple-spice-gluten-free-waffles/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.