Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Chipotle Barbacoa Tacos
Posted By Danielle Walker On June 14, 2013 @ 6:30 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 (2 to 3-pound) Beef Chuck Roast
- 3 large dried chipotle peppers, seeds removed
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground dried oregano
- ¾ cup low-sodium beef stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- for serving: lettuce cups, salsa, guacamole, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped red onion, sliced radishes
- Cut the roast into two pieces and trim any fat. Place in a slow cooker.
- Combine the chipotle peppers, onion, lime juice, tomato paste, garlic, vinegar, cumin, salt, and oregano, and cloves in a food processor. Process until smooth. Pour the puréed pepper mixture over the roast and add the stock and bay leaves. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the roast and shred with two forks. Return the meat to the slow cooker and continue cooking for 1 to 2 hours, until very tender.
- Serve the meat wrapped in lettuce with desired toppings.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/06/14/chipotle-barbacoa-tacos/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.