Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Luscious Lemon Bars (nut-free)
Posted By Danielle Walker On May 10, 2013 @ 10:20 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 3 large eggs plus 1 yolk, lightly beaten
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup fresh lemon juice, strained
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a food processor. Process for 15 seconds to combine. Scrape down sides if necessary and pulse once or twice more until a dough forms.
- Lightly grease a 9×9 square baking dish with butter. Press the dough into the bottom and slightly up the sides of the dish.
- Prick the dough a few times all over with a fork then bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack while you prepare the filling.
- Whisk together all of the filling ingredients. Allow the coconut flour to absorb for 10 minutes, then whisk again until the filling is smooth. If there are any lumps of coconut flour, pass it through a mesh strainer.
- Pour the filling on top of the baked crust, and bake again for 15-20 minutes or until the center is set but slightly jiggly.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes then refrigerate until chilled.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/05/10/luscious-lemon-bars-nut-free/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.