Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Guest Post : 5 Ingredient Sunshine Cookies
Posted By Danielle Walker On May 1, 2013 @ 7:00 am
Leanne Vogel - Healthful Pursuit
- ⅔ cup sunflower seed butter
- ⅔ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg white (approx. 3 tablespoons), whipped thoroughly until frothy
- Preheat your oven to 350∞F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sunflower butter, hemp seeds, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Add egg white to the bowl of your stand mixer. If you do not have a stand mixer, you could try to use a high powered blender or food processor instead. Whip with the wire whisk, on high, for 2-3 minutes – until puffy like clouds.
- Add in sunflower butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon mixture, about 1 tablespoon at a time, onto prepared baking sheet. The dough will make enough for 12 cookies. Shape them as you want them as they will not expand or level out while they are cooking.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, until the tops begin to get golden and slightly cracked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes on the pan.
- Store cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/05/01/guest-post-5-ingredient-sunshine-cookies/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.