Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Guest Post: Ground Lamb with Pine Nuts and Mint
Posted By Danielle Walker On March 23, 2013 @ 7:00 am
Arsy Vartanian - The Paleo Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup mint, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper just before serving
- Sauté the onions, peppers and pine nuts in the ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook another 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Combine the meat with spices (except the mint) and brown with the onions, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer everything to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for two hours.
- Add chopped mint 20 minutes before serving.
- Salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/03/23/guest-post-ground-lamb-with-pine-nuts-and-mint/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.