Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Corned Beef Brisket: Brine (Nitrate-Free)
Posted By Danielle Walker On March 13, 2013 @ 10:23 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- 1 gallon water
- 1½ cups kosher salt
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar, or honey
- 3 bay leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon allspice berries
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1 small brisket, 3-4 pounds , defrosted partially
- Heat all of the ingredients except for the brisket over medium heat until the salt has dissolved. Bring the brine to room temperature.
- Trim any excess fat from the brisket. Place the meat into the brine and put 2 heavy plates over the meat to keep it fully submerged. Cover and refrigerate for 4 days.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/03/13/corned-beef-brisket-brine-nitrate-free/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.