Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Macadamia Waffles with Fruit Syrup
Posted By Danielle Walker On February 4, 2013 @ 11:28 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
For the Syrup
- 2 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2 plums, pitted and sliced
- ½ cup cherries, pitted (frozen or fresh)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all of the syrup ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat while you prepare the waffles, or about 15 minutes. Keep it at a low but constant boil to bring out the juices from the fruit and reduce the syrup.
- Preheat a waffle iron to the lowest setting.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender, making sure to put the liquids at the bottom for easier blending.
- Blend on low for 30 seconds, then increase the strength to high and continue blending until completely smooth, about another 30 seconds. If you do not have a high-speed blender, it may take a bit longer and a couple of times of pushing the batter down the side of the jar with a spatula.
- Spoon the batter into the waffle iron, filling half way full and spreading evenly over the mold.
- Cook on the low setting for 45 seconds to a minute, until the steam stops rising from the machine and the waffles easily release with a fork. Keep the waffles in a warm oven while you finish the batter.
- Allow the syrup to cool and thicken for 15 minutes before serving.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/02/04/macadamia-waffles-with-fruit-syrup/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.