Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Italian Baked Eggs (Oeufs En Cocotte)
Posted By Danielle Walker On January 22, 2013 @ 10:31 pm
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- ¼ pound sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 heaping teaspoon almond meal (I prefer the coarse meal to the flour for this recipe)
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- Ghee or olive oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 4 ramekins or individual sized baking dishes (do not try to do this in one large dish, the eggs will not cook properly). Layer individual baking dishes with crumbled sausage, spinach, and tomatoes, dividing the ingredients equally among the four dishes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk with the tomato paste, almond meal, oregano and salt.
- Drizzle the sauce over the layered ingredients, dividing evenly among the four dishes.
- Place the dishes on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes then remove from oven and raise the temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Crack an egg in each dish, being careful not to break the yolk.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes longer, until the whites are cooked but the yolk is still soft.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/01/22/italian-baked-eggs-oeufs-en-cocotte/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.