Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Guest Post : Pumpkin Bread (paleo, grain-free, gluten-free)
Posted By Danielle Walker On January 19, 2013 @ 6:00 am
Joshua Weissman - Slim Palate
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- heaping ½ teaspoon of cloves and cinnamon
- heaping ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon liquid Stevia or ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup water (reduce to 3 tablespoons if using honey)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease baking pan with coconut oil then line the bottom with a piece of baking sheet. (the baking sheet will keep the bottom of the bread from sticking when you flip it out)
- In a small bowl add all the dry ingredients and toss around until all dry ingredients are incorporated into each other.
- Then in a large bowl add 3 eggs and beat until frothy then add 1 cup pumpkin and mix until there are no more lumps then add coconut oil while mixing and continue to mix until thoroughly incorporated, then add Stevia or honey and mix in as well.
- While mixing slowly add a third of the dry ingredients into the wet followed by a third of the water and continue mixing, once slightly incorporated do the same thing and put in the next third of the dry ingredients followed by the next third of water in the bowl and continue mixing the entire time. Continue this until all the ingredients are in the large bowl and mix until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and spread around so it is spread out evenly in the loaf pan and place in the oven for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2013/01/19/guest-post-pumpkin-bread-paleo-grain-free-gluten-free/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.