Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Peppermint Chocolate Macaroons
Posted By Danielle Walker On December 18, 2012 @ 12:06 am
Danielle Walker - AgainstAllGrain.com
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using an electric mixer, beat the egg white with a small pinch of salt. Beat for 1-2 minutes until soft peaks form when you lift the mixer out.
- Fold the egg white into the coconut mixture and mix gently until fully combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, scoop out balls of dough and pack them together tightly either by lightly knocking the scoop onto the side of the bowl or pushing it down with your fingers.
- Place the dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, rotating the tray half way through.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack for 1 hour. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Optional – dip the bottoms of the macaroons in melted dark chocolate mixed with ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract for an even more decadent treat!
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/12/18/peppermint-chocolate-macaroons/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.