Danielle Walker's Against All Grain
Guest Post: Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies (grain/egg-free)
Posted By Danielle Walker On December 2, 2012 @ 6:00 am
Lea Valle - Paleo Spirit
makes 30-36 cookies
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ghee or coconut oil (or butter), melted
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar or maple syrup (or similar sweetener of choice)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pecan halves (approximately 36)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the pecan halves on a baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small cookie dough scoop or form into 1/2 inch balls and place on a parchment paper (or Silpat) lined cookie sheet. (Note: Chilling the dough prior to scooping is not entirely necessary but might be helpful if the dough is very sticky.)
- Place one toasted pecan half on top of the cookie dough ball and press down until it is somewhat imbedded in the dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let them cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing so they set – otherwise they will be too soft and may fall apart.
URL to article: http://againstallgrain.com/2012/12/02/double-chocolate-pecan-cookies-paleo/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2014 Against All Grain. All rights reserved.